Why Sealcoating is an Essential Service
In addition to paving and repairs, Spartan Paving & Concrete offers expert sealcoating to Spartanburg and Greenville Count homeowners. Asphalt is a durable paving surface, but it does require maintenance. Sealcoating your driveway every few years keeps cracks and other defects from developing and protects your investment. Investing in sealcoating protects your driveway from UV rays, vehicle oils, and water. Sealcoating restores asphalt to its slate black color while sealing the porous surface and extend the lifespan of the pavement. Contact us to learn if your driveway is ready to be seal coated.
We Execute the Sealcoating Process Efficiently
Some homeowners look at a faded and cracked driveway and ask whether sealcoating or repaving is better for them. While Spartan Paving & Concrete provides both services, there are definitely instances when sealcoating is the better, more cost-effective choice. For example, as long as there are no rutted or deteriorated areas in your asphalt, we usually recommend sealcoating. An in-person visit from one of our estimators provides an accurate and honest assessment.
From There, We Can Proceed With the Sealcoating Process, Which is as Follows:
- Removal of grass or weed growth on the asphalt surface.
- Prepping of the entire asphalt surface loose material.
- Pre-treatment of oil or petroleum deposits.
- Repair of cracks or potholes, on request, as an add-on cost to sealcoating.
- Application of the sealcoating with equipment that sprays even coats.
- No foot or vehicle traffic on the asphalt for at least 48 hours (The seal dries from top down, so the top may be dry to the touch yet the bottom – next to the asphalt- is may not be dry.
We Can Repair Damage Before Sealcoating
Sealcoating asphalt is too important to neglect. If your driveway contains significant cracks, potholes, or areas of deterioration, we can provide targeted excavation and repaving to minimize future repair costs. We’ll remove the damaged portions and replace them with freshly-paved areas. Or, if cracks are the issue, we apply hot crack fill first. We can then seal the remainder of the driveway, providing you with a uniform look and a long-lasting asphalt surface.